Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Eclipse - new discovery

Hi,
After a long time I am updating my blog.
Something really new to me, encouraged me to do so.

ECLIPSE - we all use it for developing Java applications.
We all use Build, Build All, Clean while developing applications.

Well.. did you know that we can change the default behaviour of Build and Clean?
i.e. when I say clean, I can ask Eclipse to use my ANT target instead of its default behaviour? (deleting generated class files)
Same is the case with Build.

This is achieved by something called "Builder" in Eclipse.
I know it was always there infront of my eyes, but I never noticed it.
I never bothered to go into it to see what it is all about.

I hope that this blog help other ignorant users like me to explore more into Eclipse.. or atleast into Builders. :)
Have a look at it, its really amazing.

Thanks,
Viraj K. Turakhia

No comments: